1. What is a Basic Digital Access Subscription?
The Basic Digital Access Subscription provides access to unlimited articles, podcasts, videos and more on NYTimes.com and the NYTimes app (iOS and Android). To learn more or to purchase a Basic Digital Access Subscription, visit nytimes.com/subscription.
2. Is Digital Access included in Home Delivery subscriptions?
Yes. All Home Delivery subscribers get access to unlimited articles, podcasts, videos and more on NYTimes.com and the NYTimes app (iOS and Android), including NYT Games (The Crossword) and NYT Cooking. You can receive digital access by connecting your Home Delivery Subscription to an NYTimes.com account at myaccount.nytimes.com/link/homedelivery.
You also qualify for free digital access if your Home Delivery Subscription is provided by a third party. You can connect your Home Delivery Subscription to a NYTimes.com account at myaccount.nytimes.com/link/inyt.
3. I’m a Home Delivery subscriber, but I’m having trouble accessing digital content. What should I do?
If you are having trouble accessing digital content, you may need to connect your Home Delivery subscription to an NYTimes.com account. To begin the two-step linking process, visit myaccount.nytimes.com/link/homedelivery. You will need either your Home Delivery account number, your phone number or the last four digits of the credit card you used to purchase your Home Delivery subscription.
4. What if I don't want to subscribe — can I still read NYTimes.com for free?
Visitors have free access to a limited amount of digital content (including podcasts, newsletters, blog posts, slide shows and other multimedia features) on NYTimes.com.
NYTimes apps are free to download and install, and include some free content.
5. How are Digital Access subscriptions billed?
NOTE: If you purchased your Digital Access Subscription through a third party, these Terms of Sale may not apply to you. For more information about billing, please contact the third party directly.
6. Can I share my Digital Access Subscription?
You may be able to share your subscription with one or two people. For more information about sharing your Digital Access Subscription, please visit Sharing bonus subscriptions.
7. What is the cancellation and refund policy?
For more information about The New York Times Cancellation and Refund Policy, please visit the Terms of Sale.
8. How do I download the apps that are included with my digital subscription?
9. How do I change the email address associated with my Digital Access Subscription?
For more information about changing the email address associated with your Digital Access Subscription, visit Subscription email address.
10. Can I give a Digital Access Subscription as a gift?
Yes. You can give a 3 month, 6 month, or 12 month Digital Access Subscription as a gift. For more information, please visit Gift Subscriptions.
11. Do you have an academic, group or corporate subscription program? Are there any subscription discounts?
Yes. We offer discounts on Digital Access subscriptions to individual students and educators, as well as group discounts to schools, libraries, and corporations. To learn more about corporate subscriptions visit Corporate digital subscriptions. To learn more about group subscriptions, visit Group Subscriptions. To learn more about academic subscriptions for individual students and educators, visit nytimes.com/subscription/education.